Info for prospective students
I have several projects related to my research which might be suitable for an honours or MEcA thesis, or for an undergraduate student wishing to gain experience with empirical work. These projects include using detailed high frequency electricity data to study household behaviour, measuring the scale of carbon emissions from international trade, and investigating low-carbon and high ESG investment funds. If you’re interested, please get in touch. I unfortunately do not have any paid RA opportunities at this time.
Works in progress
- Success, Failure, and Information: How Households Respond to Financial Rewards for Energy Conservation
- Complements or Substitutes? The Importance of Mode Choice In International Trade.
- Trade-offs in investment carbon footprints.
- J.A.J. Burgess, A.E. Fraser, F. Fani Sani, D. Vick, B.D. Hauer, J.P. Davis, M.R. Freeman “Quantitative Magneto-Mechanical Detection and Control of the Barkhausen Effect” Science 339, 2013
- J.P. Davis, D. Vick, P. Li, S.K.N. Portillo, A.E. Fraser, J.A.J. Burgess, D.C. Fortin, W.K. Hiebert and M.R. Freeman. “Nanomechanical Torsional Resonator Torque Magnetometry” Journal of Applied Physics 109, 07D309, 2011
- D. Vick, V. Sauer, A.E. Fraser, M.R. Freeman, & W.K. Hiebert. “Bulk Focused Ion Beam Fabrication With 3-Dimensional Shape Control of Nanoelectromechanical Systems” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 20, 105005, 2010
- N. Liu, F. Giesen, M. Belov, J. Losby, J. Moroz, A.E. Fraser, G. McKinnon, T.J. Clement, V. Sauer, W.K. Hiebert & M.R. Freeman. “Time-Domain Control of Ultrahigh-Frequency Nanomechanical Systems” Nature Nanotechnology 3, 715 - 719, 2008
- Are Investment Carbon Footprints Good for Investors and the Climate? Policy Options — Institute for Research On Public policy, 2017